Re: [opensuse] autofs functionality vs. systemd auto-mount?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:59:11 +0100
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 19/03/14 06:05, Per Jessen escribió:
Just a quick question - has systemd taken over autofs,

Nope, the autofs daemon continues to be developed and working.

such that we should plan to move our autofs setups systemd too, in
particular new ones?

Maybe, I suggest you not to change existing setups but take a look
at this functionality for newer setups.

Yep, that is also my plan.

If yes, does systemd have any known shortcomings in this
respect, i.e. does is fully supplant autofs?

You have to read the manual for your systemd version, what's
implemented varies, sometimes widely.

You have to answer the following questions..

- is x-systemd.automount in fstab enough for me?
- will systemd.mount(5) and systemd.automount(5) do the trick ?

Thanks Cristian, much appreciated.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.4°C)