Re: [opensuse] searching the journal is incredibly slow?
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a journal with about 1million lines in it - going through it page
by page is fine, but trying to skip a few hundred thousand lines or
search for e.g. /^Mar/ takes ages. Is this normal?

Per,

I went back and scanned the old factory discussion:

http://markmail.org/message/3lqwawpcawl4avn2

Per it, if you install syslog in addition to what you have, you will
get traditional text logs in addition to the binary logs.

You may want to read that thread, but it is pretty long, so I just hit
the highlights.

Greg