Re: [opensuse] searching the journal is incredibly slow?
On 2014-03-18 13:56, I wrote:
On 2014-03-18 13:48, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Do we have some filesystem that runs on disk with a heavy dedicated ram
cache?

tmpfs spills over to swap, but that is not what I mean. I mean a
filesystem that works mainly from memory, but with full copy on disk so
that it is permanent, and at the same time fast because requests go to
ram first, and only when needed, go to disk.

Failing that, I would try mounting the journal directory on different
filesystem types to find out which one runs faster. I would try XFS and
reiserfs.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >