[opensuse] spelling and grammar check in LO 4.1
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:28:13 +0100 (CET)
Hello:

I have openSUSE 12.2 and LO 4.1.5.3 from openSUSE LO repo.

I can't find out how to use "spelling and grammar" check.

I would like to check the spelling of an English text.
If I select Tools=>Spelling and Grammar (or press F7) a window titled
"Spelling and Grammar: English (USA)" opens. But:

1. It misses misspelled words (eg "speling").
2. It stops at words/phrases but the "ignore once" button does not work.
3. In the window the "text language" field is empty.

Apart from this when I click Tools=>Language,
=> for selection=> English (USA) is selected
=> for paragraph=> nothing is selected, even If I select English, it is not
set/remembered
=> for all text=>nothing is selected, even If I select English, it is not
set/remembered

Could someone please help with this?

Thanks,

Istvan