Re: [opensuse] flash video download?
  • From: "George Olson (SUSE list)" <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 17:09:52 +0800
On 03/15/2014 03:56 AM, John Andersen wrote:
On 3/13/2014 4:33 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
All web browsers:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=download+swf+files+from+web+pages
Extra Credit for using LMGFTY. ;-)

Thanks everyone for those suggestions. I had actually googled it before but had not gotten the link to flashvideodownloader.org, and that is the one that seems to work best. Even if I don't end up using it to download my course lectures, it is good to have for other flash videos.

I might mention one thing - one of the flash videos that I have tried to download before uses a service called "ooyala" or something like that. Apparently it breaks the video up into multiple segments and then puts it back together while you are streaming it. So the only way I found to get this video is to stream it and use a screen recorder to capture the video if I want to save it for offline viewing.

Of course this is all just for personal use and convenience, but it really does help for those of us that are living in areas with low bandwidth, as I can save the video and watch it later.

--
George Olson
Box #1: 13.1 | KDE 4.11 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | ATI Radeon HD 3300 | 16GB