Re: [opensuse] Open SuSE 13.1 on Dell 4400
On 2014-03-14 22:49 (GMT-0400) Carl Spitzer composed:

seems to be useless whats more to try to get wireless working I seem to
need hplip-hpiJs and Java-1_7_0-openjdk.

Close to impossible to respond to definitively without knowing what your wireless hardware is.

attempts to install from the dvd do not work even with a clean install.

Did you md5sum the download before burning it, or verify it afterward?

Now I read this one core processor may not work at all because of this
systemd.

Cristian answered this.

Is there a way to correct these flaws other than installing 11.4 which
works on most all of the rest of my computers.

I have a big bunch of single core Dells with 13.1 working just fine. None are any kind of "4400". If you provide the specifications of a "4400" maybe someone could recognize some reason for your trouble, or suggest steps to take. Does the "4400" come shipped from Dell with wireless? What wireless hardware does it have? Did you try installing wired to ethernet, then adding wireless afterward?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/