Re: [opensuse] Backup mailserver
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:00:12 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2014-03-13 11:05, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Like I said, the mailserver at work, and at home, has to use the
ISP's relay server. That's because outgoing port 25 is blocked in the
"domain" of the ISP. With domain I mean all IP's from the ISP's. On
one side I can understand, this limits the effects of "bots" sending
from those IP's. But for me, at this moment, it's a pain.

It is plain stupid.

The "antibot policy" is a fallacy. They do not care about stopping
bots, they want you to stop setting servers on your connection without
paying them (more).

Off-topic, but this might very from place to place - ISPs do care about
getting blacklisted. With spambots on your network, that'll happen
quite quickly and next your support line will be jammed with callers.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.1°C)