Re: [opensuse] Backup mailserver
op 13-03-14 10:18, Per Jessen schreef:
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Hi,

My internet connection at home is broken.
I was trying to set up a backup mailserver at work.

A backup mailserver is most often superfluous. Any mailserver trying to
contact your home mailserver will retry, usually up to 5 days before
returning a mail as undeliverable.

I know this, but to be sure ...

Your backup server at work should be configured to only try to deliver
to your home-server, not to use the MX. In postfix, you can do this
with a transport map for instance.

Like I said, the mailserver at work, and at home, has to use the ISP's relay server. That's because outgoing port 25 is blocked in the "domain" of the ISP. With domain I mean all IP's from the ISP's. On one side I can understand, this limits the effects of "bots" sending from those IP's. But for me, at this moment, it's a pain.

Koenraad