Re: [opensuse] What IS wrong with multimedia in 13.1?!
Le 10/03/2014 15:17, Anton Aylward a écrit :
On 27/02/14 01:32 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:

The VLC I have installed in 13.1 is from the packman repo (I just checked).

I too am having problems with sound files under 13.1
My voip phone system sends me voice mail messages as .wav files.
I can't play any of them now I have 13.1 running.
VLC says it can't handle some encoding and that there's nothing can be done;
xine starts then does nothing - I can't even select the media.
It also doens't go away when I click the "x" at the top right of the window!

Amarok plays for a couple of seconds then dies.
If I start Amarok manually I get only the script console...

I'm trying others but am at a loss as to why these two stalwarts are
problematic.

I have no such problem. Did you try Audacity?

may be you have to install lame (just a guess)?

that said, I use *many* audio/video apps and have many things installed

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org