Re: [opensuse] mkinitrd, dmsetup fails in rescue system
On Monday 10 March 2014, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:42:44 +0100

Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:
On Mon, Mar 10, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Isn't there a command in rescue system to setup a working chroot?

13.2, maybe:

https://github.com/openSUSE/installation-images/pull/10

It does not touch directory discussed here (/mounts).

IMO such non-standard file system layout should be avoided in rescue
system at all.
The rescue system should be easy to understand by somebody who is using
it for the first time. And it should be useful to repair different kind
of openSUSE versions or other distributons.

BTW a nice trick to add some "documentation" how to use it could be
added via /root/.bash_history. When I was using several network booted
rescue systems from different root server hosters it was usually very
helpful that they had a bash_history showing me some useful commands
how to setup chroot or other things.

Another thing which is really annoying to me is that the small "net
install CD" does not contain a full rescue system. In case you need it
it's very annoying to always setup network first before being able to
use it.

cu,
Rudi