[opensuse] Display problem
Hi,

I installed OS 13.1 on my laptop. The last hurdle is my display-setup : I'm using a docking station which has a number of display-connections besides mouse keyboard etc.
The previous OS was opensuse 12.2. There I used a display-port connection to have an extra monitor. I could use the external monitor without opening the laptop. I was using the amd-drivers.
With opensuse 13.1 that's not working. I can't use the amd-drivers because my display-card is not supported anymore (laptop is less than 3 years old !). I'm using the radeon drivers.
The monitor is detected (see bottom : xrandr outputs) but there is no image.
When I try with the laptop open, it seems there is extra space on the desktop because when I move my mouse it disappears and I have to move it considerably to have it back.
I tried with a VGA-cable on the same monitor, then I do have an image on the extra display. I prefer the display-port though.

Anything I can do ? I tried making an xorg.conf, but then I don't have a graphical screen at all.

xrandr output enclosed (first os12.2, later os13.1 displayport then os 13.1 vga).

lspci :
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV710/M92 [Mobility Radeon HD 4350/4550]

Xorg.0.log also enclosed

Regards,

Koenraad
opensuse 12.2 :

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1600 x 900, maximum 1920 x 1920
LVDS connected 1600x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 345mm x
194mm
1600x900 60.0*+
1440x900 60.0 +
1280x800 60.0 +
1152x864 60.0 +
1280x768 60.0 +
1280x720 60.0 +
1024x768 60.0 +
1024x600 60.0 +
800x600 60.0 +
800x480 60.0 +
720x480 60.0 +
640x480 60.0 +
DFP1 connected 1600x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 475mm x
267mm
1600x900 60.0*+
1920x1080 60.0 +
1776x1000 60.0 +
1600x1200 60.0
1680x1050 60.0
1400x1050 60.0
1280x1024 60.0
1440x900 59.9
1280x960 60.0
1280x800 60.0
1152x864 60.0
1280x768 59.9
1280x720 60.0
1024x768 60.0
1024x600 60.0
800x600 60.3
800x480 60.0
720x480 60.0
640x480 60.0
DFP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DFP3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
CRT1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

opensuse 13.1 :

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3520 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS connected primary 1600x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
345mm x 194mm
1600x900 60.0*+
1440x900 59.9
1280x854 59.9
1280x800 59.8
1280x720 59.9
1152x768 59.8
1024x768 59.9
800x600 59.9
848x480 59.7
720x480 59.7
640x480 59.4
VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DisplayPort-0 connected 1920x1080+1600+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 475mm x 267mm
1920x1080 60.0*+
1600x1200 60.0
1680x1050 60.0
1280x1024 60.0
1440x900 59.9
1280x960 60.0
1280x720 60.0
1024x768 60.0
800x600 60.3
640x480 60.0
720x400 70.1
DisplayPort-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DisplayPort-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3520 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS connected primary 1600x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
345mm x 194mm
1600x900 60.0*+
1440x900 59.9
1280x854 59.9
1280x800 59.8
1280x720 59.9
1152x768 59.8
1024x768 59.9
800x600 59.9
848x480 59.7
720x480 59.7
640x480 59.4
VGA-0 connected 1920x1080+1600+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
475mm x 267mm
1920x1080 60.0*+
1600x1200 60.0
1680x1050 60.0
1280x1024 60.0
1440x900 59.9
1280x960 60.0
1280x720 60.0
1024x768 60.0
800x600 60.3
640x480 60.0
720x400 70.1
DisplayPort-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)