Re: [opensuse] Something wrong with the opensuse repos? **ALL OK NOW**
On 09/03/14 07:36, James Knott wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
(for me that's ~10X dial-up speed)
OUCH!

For me it's almost 1000x.

Yeah, I know..... :-( . I am ~4Km from the exchange (as the signal travels) which puts me in the right speed range for ADSL2+ .

Our previous government started rolling out the fibre-based NBN (National Broadband Network) but the bunch which won government 6 months ago have now put a stop to this, want to retain the copper connection from the "pole" to the house and there are now suggestions re privatising the whole thing.

BC

--
A civilisation is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable.

Lauren Smith - 30 January 2014