Re: [opensuse] Blank Screen
On 3/6/2014 3:51 PM, Paul Groves wrote:
I have a lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet and when I shut down, about 50% of the
time i turn the laptop back on, bios shows, grub shows and then boots to
opensuse but my screen is blank.

The backlight is on as i can control the brightness but there is no image in
the screen. I can log in by typing my password and I hear the KDE login sound
but still no display,

When it does decide to show it will work fine if I sleep hibernate or reboot
but if I shut down it will have a blank screen again on most boots.

I took out the battery for 24 hours, reset the BIOS and formatted the hard
disk. I reinstalled with a clean copy of 13.1 but this makes no difference.

You've described a situation from which you specify no means of escape,
What do you do to recover the computer when this happens?

If it comes up to a blank screen, is there anything at all visible?
Mouse cursor? anything?

If it comes up to a blank screen, If you then press Ctrl-Alt-F1 do you see a
console log in?