[opensuse] Blank Screen
  • From: Paul Groves <paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 23:51:55 +0000
I have a lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet and when I shut down, about 50% of the
time i turn the laptop back on, bios shows, grub shows and then boots to
opensuse but my screen is blank.

The backlight is on as i can control the brightness but there is no image in
the screen. I can log in by typing my password and I hear the KDE login sound
but still no display,

When it does decide to show it will work fine if I sleep hibernate or reboot
but if I shut down it will have a blank screen again on most boots.

I took out the battery for 24 hours, reset the BIOS and formatted the hard
disk. I reinstalled with a clean copy of 13.1 but this makes no difference.

--
Paul Groves