Re: [opensuse] The system is mad, it is trying to automatically mount an EXTENDED partition.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:33:28 +0100 (CET)

On 2014-03-04 17:14, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

Do you want a new report, or do I simply update that bugzilla with my info?

Well, as you didn't say anything, I took the liberty of creating a new bugzilla and assigned it to you, as you requested:

Bug 867118 - os-prober tries to mount all extended partitions, causing awful
kernel messages

I added information about the bugzillas I have seen related to this same issue, so that you can choose which one to handle and close the rest as duplicates :-)

On my side, I have disabled os-prober in yast bootloader configuration. I will try instead to add custom configs to boot my other partitions.

If you need more tests from me, notice that as it is a test partition I have to stop my work, boot that partition, perhaps update it (on a slow internet), and do whatever it needs doing. Takes hours.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)