Re: [opensuse] How to debug vpnc ?
op 27-02-14 17:02, Marcus Meissner schreef:
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 04:57:09PM +0100, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2014, 12:56:37 schrieb Koenraad Lelong:
[...]
/usr/sbin/vpnc: can't send packet: Operation not permitted
[...]

Could you stop your SuSEfirewall2 and try to connect again?
# systemctl stop SuSEfirewall2

This error can not be caused by the SuSEfirewall.

- does vpnc run as root?
- is an apparmor profile involved?
- can you run
strace -ologfile vpnc ...
and look for EPERM in the logfile?

Ciao, Marcus

Hi,

Got it working. It was indeed the firewall. But since I had troubles with suse-filewall in combination with cups, I installed shorewall. When I cleared shorewall, I could connect. Adding a tun0 interface and adding it to the external zone solved the problem.

Thanks all.