Re: [opensuse] Why I dislike upgrading ....
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 14:43:32 -0500
On 03/01/2014 07:10 AM, Per Jessen pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Paul Neuwirth wrote:

This problem is very well known.
i try to keep all systems up to date.
problematical (and or self debugged) packages are frozen, e.g.
ISDN, CAPI, asterisk..

Yes, I have to admit I avoid touching our asterisk box as much as
possible. We don't have test hardware so can't test it

Perhaps use a VirtualBox VM for testing?

and any
screw-up during an update would be a MAJOR issue.
I also don't like touching my home mythtv boxes, problems here would
make me most unpopular in the family :-(

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998