Re: [opensuse] xinetd logs go to the wrong place
On 01/03/14 08:53 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I have in /etc/xinetd.conf this line:

log_type = FILE /var/log/xinetd.log

But entries are going to syslog instead:
> [....]

Is this a bug?

My read of the man page is that the settings are for each service.
The way I had things set up was to have each service in a separate file and then be included. See the "includedir" entry in the man page.

You don't say what service*S* you have this applied to.

I do note that the man page says

<quote>
The configuration file may also contain a single defaults entry that has the form

defaults
{
}

--
My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared.
P. J. Plauger, Computer Language, March 1983