Re: [opensuse] Why I dislike upgrading ....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 11:03:47 +0100
jdd wrote:

Le 01/03/2014 10:15, Per Jessen a écrit :

I still can't login though - my password is accepted, but then I'm
fairly promptly returned to the login screen. It seems that I ought
to continue with another "zypper up", but is that the best/correct
approach?

did you try to launch yast? when the second pass is not complete it
usually sees it and continue

jdd

The 2nd pass? There's no yast involved here, I only ran "zypper yp".

Anyway, with reckless abandon, I decided to run another "zypper up"
which reported about 14 to-be-installed packages, some of them kde4* -
this went fine, and I can now log in. Thanks for the hand-holding
everyone. (I still don't like updates though.)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.8°C)