Re: [opensuse] Why I hate upgrading ....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:48:36 +0100
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2014-03-01 10:15 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

I still can't login though - my password is accepted, but then I'm
fairly promptly returned to the login screen. It seems that I ought
to continue with another "zypper up", but is that the best/correct
approach?

I remember this happening on one or more of the mailing lists a year
or somewhat less ago, but can't remember the cause or fix, 12.3 or
Factory or something else. When logging into X, do you get kicked out
no matter which session type you pick, or only for the one you
actually want? And which, KDE? Gnome? LXDE? Mate? XFCE? KDE3? TDE?

I tried iceWM, worked fine.

If KDE4, are all of kdebase4-[workspace|session|runtime] installed?

Don't know, judging by /var/log/zypper.log, the upgrade was interrupted
in the middle of installing some kde packages.

Same problem if you try to [login as root?

Yep, same problem with root.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.6°C)