Re: [opensuse] Why I hate upgrading ....
On 2014-03-01 10:15 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

I still can't login though - my password is accepted, but then I'm
fairly promptly returned to the login screen. It seems that I ought to
continue with another "zypper up", but is that the best/correct
approach?

I remember this happening on one or more of the mailing lists a year or somewhat less ago, but can't remember the cause or fix, 12.3 or Factory or something else. When logging into X, do you get kicked out no matter which session type you pick, or only for the one you actually want? And which, KDE? Gnome? LXDE? Mate? XFCE? KDE3? TDE? If KDE4, are all of kdebase4- [workspace|session|runtime] installed? Same problem if you try to login as root?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/