Re: [opensuse] Why I hate upgrading ....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:15:00 +0100
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2014-03-01 09:08 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

I have now recovered the laptop to a point where it boots and gets me
the X login screen. I cannot login via X, but I have access via a
console. Any hints on how to resume the upgrade in a safe manner?

(only tested on well working 13.1)
# zypper verify
Reading installed packages...

Dependencies of all installed packages are satisfied.

Okay, I ran "zypper verify" which reported some gtk3 packages to
install, which I accepted. A 2nd "zypper verify" reported everything
ok.

I still can't login though - my password is accepted, but then I'm
fairly promptly returned to the login screen. It seems that I ought to
continue with another "zypper up", but is that the best/correct
approach?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.3°C)