Re: [opensuse] Why I hate upgrading ....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 09:08:06 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

<rant on>

Tonight I deciced it was time to give our laptop an upgrade, I
ran "zypper up", quickly glanced over the stuff to be done and
said "yes". It's not the fastest of laptops any more, it took about
90 minutes until it suddenly changed mode and the "crescent" symbol
started flahsing. I think that means suspended. I have no idea why it
would suspend just like that, but when I tried to reboot it, it
couldn't access root any more, so kernel panic. Oh well, I know what
my Saturday morning is going to be spent on. I wish had so "no" to
that upgrade.

<rant off>

I have now recovered the laptop to a point where it boots and gets me to
the X login screen. I cannot login via X, but I have access via a
console. Any hints on how to resume the upgrade in a safe manner?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.4°C)