Re: [opensuse] Photo editing software on Linux - new option?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:29:54 +0100
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:09 PM, James Knott wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
I/we have a big guffaw when we see people walking around with a bottle
of water in one hand and a smartphone in the other or attached to
their ear while pushing a pram or walking in the street -- AND paying
~$A70/month for this 'yuppie-type' "privilege"!

Many people no longer have a home phone. Basic cell service costs about
the same as home phone. Of course, data plans will add to that.

That's what I do. I've got a mobile with data plan is about 1/3rd the
price of a land line. I've got unlimited data (6Gb at LTE speeds, and
then real unlimited at 3G speeds).

A smart-phone is a huge win for me too. One device and I've got a
portable internet hotspot, IM client, Skype client, web browser,
sat-nav device, streaming internet radio, phone etc. etc. I tether my
phone to my laptop all the time so I've got internet when I travel on
the trains.

The only thing I'm really missing is a way to install openSUSE on my
phone and have it pop up when I dock the phone or connect it via HDMI
to a monitor. (like that vaporware device that Canonical waffled on
about last year)

C.
--
openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, KDE 4.11