Re: [opensuse] Re: Change Pulseaudio to default flat-volumes=no
  • From: Amuraritei Andrei <sirdeiu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:20:56 +0200
On Thursday 30 January 2014 21:05:01 Joachim Schrod wrote:
On 01/30/14 07:54, Amuraritei Andrei wrote:
Hello users,

I'd like to ask the users here what would they think about changing
Pulseaudio's default flat-volumes=yes to flat-volumes=no, to prevent apps
like VLC or Amarok or the sound notification popup from modyfing the
master sound level on your openSUSE distro.

So if I set master to 50% it stay's at 50% and doesn't change when I
change
Amarok's volume to 100% or 20% for example. That would mean that 100% from
Amarok = 50% from master.

Thanks a lot for this post; I wasn't aware that this option exists.
(For others like me: I found it in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf)
I tried it and immediately added it to our puppet configuration.

It's a much more sane default, go for it.

Joachim

Seems to be a better default, still the people that develop Pulseaudio think
that the opposite is true.

We still need some more people to "voice" their opinion on this matter. Maybe
also post a little info about your audio setup.

For example: KDE 4.12.x DE using Pavucontrol and Kmix.

I already posted my audio setup. I'm asking for the info to make sure that
others that don't use KDE for example benefit or like the option also. Anyone
using Gnome or another DE or maybe a separate WM here? What do you think.

Also to get this we probably need to upvote a feature (if it still exists on
openFATE or create a new one).

Deiu