Re: [opensuse] Re: Temp directories NOT cleared at boot (oS13.1)
On 2014-01-28 20:51, Anton Aylward wrote:

I never saw LVM as a way to get around small disks. It was more an
issue of (a) defer the decision about how big a partition needs to be
and (b) grow partitions or (c) create a new partition and move part of
one off (e.g. /usr/lib/ruby) then shrink back the original.

Yes, me too.
Or to create a bigger space joining two disk.

As I've also said, when I lived solely on a laptop I never filled the
80G drive. Its only when I started saving EVERY mail message and
collecting page images as PDFs that I needed a larger drive and still
haven't filled a 250G drive. I've upgraded to a 1G drive for other
reasons and yes it is 'mostly empty space'.

Wait till you collect movies from the telly. They make them digital
nowdays, and they don't sell tapes anymore. :-P

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.