Re: [opensuse] Photo editing software on Linux - new option?
On 01/28/2014 01:57 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Used it for some time. Corel has succeeded in trashing it. Output from
darktable is much superior.
jmpo

As they do with most things. I used Jacs Paintshop Pro on windows for a while
and it was an excellent package - fast, small accurate, the Corel took it over
and released PaintShop Pro 12 - bloated slow crap. They did the same thing to
WordPerfect after they took it over from Novell. (whoever that is...)

While Corel are, I would venture and I don't expect much argument, the exemplars at this, they are not alone. Microsoft rates pretty high in the take-over-and-trash stakes.

At home and whenever possible I'm a *NIX user but many clients insist on using Microsoft. I recall at one the problems we had when MS took over Visio and integrated it into the office suite. All our carefully drawn diagrams, network logical and physical, and much more no longer rendered properly.

Back when Skype was separate company I got it working on various machines without much of a problem. Now since MS took it over Skype-for-Linux is a battle to get working and needs another battle with every machine -- I can't simply clone the setup. And it seems to need doing over with each update. So I'm not updating it.

I hate to think about the possibility that MS has introduced back doors at the request of the NSA.

And no, I've never managed to get any Corel product to work under Linux.

--
Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be
maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.