Re: [opensuse] Photo editing software on Linux - new option?
On Sun, 26 Jan 2014, Basil Chupin wrote:

OK, I accept this - but Fred has told me many times that if one forgets
about all the other fang-dangled, "you-beaut", apps and get to know Gimp
then you become 'The Master of the Universe'. Afteral, Photoshop came
from Gimp.

If you're looking at raw processing, then there is also Rawtherapee. I've
only used it a few times, but it did do a good job of recovering some lost
highlights. It might be a bit on the slow side, and it's got quite a complex
set of controls. I don't really know how good it is compared to other raw
processing software - I mainly shoot jpg, I have an Olympus E-M5, unless I
majorly stuff an exposure, it's hard to beat the Olympus jpg engine.