Re: [opensuse] munging again
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [01-25-14 15:50]:
[...]
Nobody is realistically expecting this list to change.

Its well past that point in time where the list manager is willing to
admit that is has been wrong for dozens of years and isn't getting any
more correct as time goes on. It has entered the realm of political or
religious dogma at this point. No reasoned arguments need apply. We
all get that.

The point is that you, (specifically you Patrick) can't have it both
ways.

You can't say :
No, it is the way that *should* be expected.

and then, when proven wrong revert to:
When in Rome....

But I can. I can expect it to be the way I believe it should be and still
follow the "local customs". As I see it, "local customs" *always* trump
the "way it should be".

I don't expect you to *believe* what I believe but also do not hold you
against it and in *your* house will attempt to follow your expectations as
I would expect of you in my house. How are the mailing lists any
different?

Different localities have different rules/laws/customs/... Do no
disrespect those peoples by ignoring their .... Apply the same to the
mailing lists and render this discussion mute.

civility/netiquette/respect/politeness/cooperation/.....

When in ....

ps: even the "list manager" has expectations and .... and is not wrong in
having them.