Re: [opensuse] Photo editing software on Linux - new option?
* C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-25-14 09:10]:
On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Today I stumbled onto Corel AfterShot Pro. I know, commercial
software, but... they produce a Linux native version with both RPM
and DEB builds. They have a 30 day trial so you can test it out.
I've got it installed in openSUSE on KDE4 and it's working very
well...

Used it for some time. Corel has succeeded in trashing it. Output
from darktable is much superior. jmpo

Hmmm that's interesting. I haven't done a side-by-side output
comparison. I guess that's the next task then.

How is it better in DarkTable? Just general clarity/crispness? Or?

I primarily shoot youth soccer and stadium lights are challenging to say
the least. AfterShoot no longer has noise-ninja denoising and their
replacement is very poor. Darktable has much better denoising algorithms,
at least to my eyes.

BibblePro was much faster processing than darktable, but also crashed a
lot as does corel's version. I really liked the BibblePro interface as it
was keystroke oriented much better than darktable plus the learning curve
which after a year I still have to hunt and experiment.

I guess my biggie is the crashing and denoising.

ps: If you really decide to go with AfterShoot, mail me off-list.