[opensuse] postfix not using access
openSUSE 13.1 x86_64
postfix-2.9.6-7.4.1.x86_64

Recently solved an apache2 log problem w/wpad.dat entries by changing my
no-ip.org account from wildcard to non-wildcard. May or may not be
related, but ever since that date postfix appears to not be utilizing
/etc/postfix/access:

main.cf:
smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access
smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access,
permit
check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access,
permit

access:
<address> REJECT spam not accepted here
<address> REJECT spam not accepted here
<address> REJECT spam not accepted here
<address> REJECT spam not accepted here
<address> REJECT spam not accepted here
<address> REJECT spam not accepted here

My mail logs contained entries "REJECT spam not accepted here"
but no more. A search of the mail logs for <address> shows no rejections
with any code/reason.

What has happened and why is "access" no longer being used by postfix.
Yes, I run "postmap /etc/postfix/access" after every edit and restart
postfix service.

tks,