Re: [opensuse] Some reason not getting my own post back.
On 1/24/2014 2:48 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
On 01/24/2014 04:44 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 1/24/2014 2:41 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
On 01/24/2014 04:25 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-01-24 23:09, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* John Andersen <> [01-24-14 16:54]:
No, Carlos is most definitely correct!
Doesn't matter if its a hack. It works for the purpose people were
looking for,
namely to see their own posts in the threading, just as they would appear
if sent by your method.
And doesn't alter Carlos's correct explanation or the facts.
Thanks.

What I'm trying to say is that it is just your copy of Sent folder, it
is not the email sent by the list. That you see that email in any folder
the filter puts it in, does not mean that it was actually posted on the
list.

Duaine wants to know if the email got posted on to the list. Even after
doing that filtering, Duaine would still not know.

They are showing up in gmail's Inbox but they are not downloading -
everything else is - no filters in place !

What Are you accessing Gmail with (what client)
Are you Pop (if so, why on earth would you) or imap
Are you simply filtering to inbox, or a sub-folder (which google calls a
label)

I'm using Thunderbird - Don't need imap - local filtering on TB.

It is beginning to look like like I am getting block from the opensuse
messages - sent to me gets here.

Local filtering on Thunderbird isn't going to do the same thing.
The method I recommended might work on pop, but it is known to work on Imap.
The best way to test is to shut off pop support on Gmail web page and enable
only imap (and ssl).

Using Thunderbird does not preclude imap. Just the wizard in Tbird knows how
to use Gmail imap perfectly. Th

I can only think of one reason for using pop on Gmail, (paranoia) but if you
were paranoid you wouldn't be using gmail.