Re: [opensuse] Some reason not getting my own post back.
And I do not know but will investigate whether it correctly threads in my
mail system which is local, text and mbox.
doesn't work for me, works for imap not for pop and not for mbox.

Since its done Server Side (at google) it is expected to be done by imap,
and specifically placed into a folder (label) on google.
I don't see how you can test this using your own mail system.