Re: [opensuse] X11 Forwarding issue
On 01/24/2014 01:50 AM, Roger Oberholtzer pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 02:56:26 PM John Andersen wrote:

Thanks for all of the help. In the end I had to change the setting of
X11UseLocalhost to YES. The default is NO and I missed the setting
earlier.

Thanks for that! I have a 12.3 machine that also was not setting DISPLAY. When
I set X11UseLocalhost to Yes (it is commented out in the config file that gets
installed in /etc/ssh) all is better. It seems the default has changed. I
would have expected the commented out value in the config file to be what the
default is.

Whoa!! My bad. It may have been more of setting PermitUserEnvironment yes and setting AddressFamily inet. And also after making changes I wasn't restarting sshd. So finally after rebooting (which restarted sshd) it started to work.

Just want to set the record straight. And by the way settings commented in /etc/ssh/sshd_config are commented with the *default* values. It's amazing what a good nights sleep will accomplish. :-)

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998