Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice PDF Import
On 2014-01-24 13:37, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/24/2014 05:38 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I found about that feature very recently. I do not use it, if I send an
PDF it is because I don't want it edited.

There is that!
However one might assume in many cases that the recipients are not
technically sophisticated enough to do this.

As an example, I've sent PDF versions of resumes to head-hunters I've
had little or no contact with in the past and have no reason to trust
that they won't alter them. Why? Because when I have sent MS-Word
formatted ones some HHs *have* altered them!

That's so.

Never the less, some of them have come back to me with "What do I do
with this file" in reaction to being sent a PDF. Same when I've sent
html documents.

If they don't know how to open a PDF file, I would reconsider wanting to
work for them. They are computer illiterate.

They can deal with GIFs and and .DOC, some but not all call can deal
with .docx.

You'd think their email readers or webmail readers would cope, but it
seems some use obscure tools. One I dealt with never read the
documents, just fed them into some HH-specific software that scanned the
content and stuck it in a database, scanning for keywords and making it
referable from a database search. *THAT* one cold handle .doc but not
.docx.

.docx I can understand they don't handle.

Its one thing to be able to use 'power tools' to accelerate your work,
its another when you turn off your brain and let your tools do your
thinking for you.

:-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,