Re: [opensuse] "X" config
You could try arandr from here

http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/opensuse/distribution/openSUSE-stable/repo/oss/suse/noarch/

Mike

On 24/01/14 05:30, Michael Hamilton wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
Back in the old days before "X" was auto-configured there was a way to
adjust the screen size (not resolution) and position. With my Toshiba
Satellite the "screen" is too far to the left which cuts off the left
part of the desktop and any open windows which I have full screen.

Is there a way to adjust these settings anywhere. And NO I do not wish
to create a custom xorg.conf.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

I think there used to be a way to do this with a GUI tool, but I have not needed
to do so in many years.

Perhaps take a look at the man page for xrandr