Re: [opensuse] Adjusting console font size
Felix Miata [23.01.2014 21:02]:
On 2014-01-23 14:44 (GMT-0500) Ted Byers composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

What console,

[tty[1-6]

Never heard of it.

Not "it", "them". Ctrl-Alt-F#, where # is any of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. In some
installations this has been less predictable. The traditional location for
getting back to X is reached by Ctrl-Alt-F7, but in other distros you may
find it via Ctrl-Alt-F1 or somewhere else. On some openSUSE installations
I've seen the same unpredictable landing of X on other than tty7.

To reach it with Ctrl-Alt-F7, I boot into runlevel 3 (or
multiuser.target), change all through the ttys 1-6 by pressing Ctrl-F2
to Ctrl-F6 subsequently until I see a login prompt, and log in on tty6
to start my KDE with "startx". Up to now, I can get back to X with
Ctrl-Alt-F7 then.

No, I do not complain that this only became necessary after systemd was
introduced...

Werner