Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice PDF Import
On 1/23/2014 11:00 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/23/2014 12:32 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-01-23 15:44, Anton Aylward wrote:

Is this missing completely from the openSuse implementation or what?

LibreOffice -> File -> Open -> select PDF file - enter.

Works here.

OK, done that.
What I get is an image. Each line of text is a separate image thing.
So if I were to compose a document with -writer and export as a PDF then
import, what it imports into is -draw. I can edit it as a drawing,
a picture, but not as a text.

If I were to compose as a proper graphic, and here my experience with with
InkScape rather than -draw, then the text boxes flow, they are
not the disjointed things like this.

Is there no way I can get the PDF back into the -writer?

Maybe hand editing is doable for a one page document but not for some of the
longer ones.

google pdf to odt

It is a service on the web, zamzar.com and about 29 similar others.
(I wouldn't send anything private to these), and there
are other options as well that google will reveal.

The old Kword used to do this at some level.
Calibre (ebook manager) has the ability to import PDF and
send to .RTF, but the conversion isn't all that great.

If its really important (important enough to use windows)
Adobe Reader X offers this as a service (paid).

However, PDF was never meant to be an editable storage medium.