Re: [opensuse] Upgrading clamav package on OpenSuSE 12.1

On 2014-01-23 11:42, Fiorenza Meini wrote:
Hi there,
is there a way to upgrade clamav to the last release on OpenSuSE
12.1?
On security repository
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security/) I found package
for 11.4, 12.2, 12.3, 13.1..but where is 12.1 ?

12.1 is no longer maintained, so you can not expect to find a ready
package for it. If you really need to keep using such an obsolete
distribution, you have to update clamav yourself.

https://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime

One way to do that is to log into build.opensuse.org and branch the package
from security, then add 12.1 as a repo for your branched copy. If it builds,
download the rpm and install it.

Greg