Re: [opensuse] Temp directories NOT cleared at boot (oS13.1)
Le 23/01/2014 08:51, Dylan a écrit :
On 23/01/14 07:38, jdd wrote:

may be /tmp is the next candidate for tmpsfs in ram?

I hope not - I do a lot of graphics rendering and video compositing which
generates lots of multi-megabyte temporary files which would rapidly overload
tmpfs (unless there was an extravagant swap partition, which would have
significant performance consequences...)

with the 8Gb+ ram at present time?

I had similar problem not so long ago when duplicating Blu-Ray disks. But k3b allows the change of the temp folder.

I never use /tmp for large files because I have it in / (root partition) that is not really bigger than ram :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org