Re: [opensuse] Temp directories NOT cleared at boot (oS13.1)
On 23/01/14 07:38, jdd wrote:
Le 23/01/2014 08:19, Dylan a écrit :
Hi

I was doing some general HD housekeeping recently, and found several
hundred
old and irrelevant files scattered through the directories under /tmp.
This
was surprising, since I have the "clear temp directories on boot"
option set
to "yes" in the YaST sysconfig editor module.

Is this no longer the 'correct' method to cleat the temp directories? How
should I make sure that these directories do not become overloaded with
redundant files in future?

Thanks
Dylan

I just verify that this is still in the cron options in yast (13.1).
From memory I think I've seen some thread saying this is deprecated,
but I don't find where.

Fact is I didn't set this up (my 13.1 install is pretty fresh) and I
have only 300kb of files in /tmp, not a big deal.

may be /tmp is the next candidate for tmpsfs in ram?

I hope not - I do a lot of graphics rendering and video compositing which generates lots of multi-megabyte temporary files which would rapidly overload tmpfs (unless there was an extravagant swap partition, which would have significant performance consequences...)

Dx