Re: [opensuse] problems with 13.1 raid setup?
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did anyone actually test partitioner+RAID in
13.1 ?

I briefly tested MD RAID somewhere before 13.1 release (mostly to
verify some other problem, it was not the goal, I simply needed system
installed on RAID) and I do not remember any issues. I may not take a
notice of array names though as they usually do not matter in my case
as long as system boots (devices are accessed by .../by-id/... and are
persistent anyway). Or it is possible to use /dev/md/<array-name>
which is persistent as well.

mdXXX name change is well known phenomenon usually related to the
change to 1.x as default metadata format. Now metadata stores host
name, so when host name does not match MD assumes it is "foreign"
array and assigns it nigh number to lessen chances of name clash with
"native" arrays. During initial installation host name is always wrong
unless you set it explicitly and it also gets stored in metadata.

Check what host your arrays claim to belong to.