Re: [opensuse] multiboot value
On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 11:27 +0100, Lars Mueller wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 10:20:20AM +0100, Lars Mueller wrote:

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:12:10PM -0800, John Andersen wrote:
On 1/21/2014 7:05 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
I rebooted back to 11.4, and shares remained visible both ways, just as
if 11.4 had never had a problem seeing or being seen in the first
place.

I often run into the exact same problem, and simple take down and bring
up nmbd.
I've always liked the ability to do that separate from smbd, because it
doesn't disrupt
existing user connections. However it seems in later releases, smbd and
nmbd are managed
in parallel and are harder to manage separately.

That's more or less still the same. Independent if we use native
systemd service files or not.

But we didn't had tmpfiles for samba from the beginning while using
the systemd service files. This was covered by bug 856759.

You need to have the following line in the package change log:

- Create /var/run/samba with systemd-tmpfiles on post-12.2 systems;
(bnc#856759).

Till we published updated samba packages including this change you're
able to grab fixed packages from the network:samba:STABLE repository at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE/

Cheers,

Lars

Lars, please
We are discussing a released version of openSUSE. Samba has been a mess
here for too long. We should not have to refer to endless bug reports,
stop/start binaries to get it to work, insert lines here and there or
install from an additional repository. There was a golden opportunity to
get smbd and nmbd into proper systemd service files like the other
maintainers have with the transition from 12.3. What a pity. . .
Thanks.
L x