Re: [opensuse] Installing 13.1 with NET iso, hangs at "Loading Installation System x/6, arbitrary percentage
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:38:29 +0100
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2014-01-22 08:43 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

Wrt the disk-drive, well, they just don't make them like that
anymore.

Good riddance.

Dunno about that - the life expectancy of drives today is just about =
warranty period. Enterprise drives do last longer, but not 15 years.

When this drive eventually breaks too, I guess I'll need to find a
separate SATA PCI controller, but the replacement SATA drive will
likely break in 4-5 years.

It's a 1999 10Gb Western Digital Caviar, showing no problems and
passing the short smart selftest every day.

Lucky you. They were my last choice, used only if free, nothing else
available,

The latter is exactly why it's still in use.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)