[opensuse] Failed to backup certificate from Firefox
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:07:37 +0100
Hi,
I generated S/MIME certificates for e-mails using https://www.startssl.com/ it
installs certificates to the browser. I have to export it from the browser and
then import to mail client. I use Firefox 26 (openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.12). When I
try to export the certificate, I get an error "Failed to create the PKCS #12
backup file for unknown reasons.“ As only hint I found how to avoid this
problem [1] was to restart FF in safe mode (without addons). It didn't help
me, I still get same error. Does anyone have same problem? Any idea how to
solve it? As StartSSL authenticates users with certificate (which I can't
export), I can't use another browser.
Thanks in advance,
Vojtěch

[1] http://ngs.ac.uk/ukca/certificates/certbackup
Other problems dealing with similar issue, finally not useful for me:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-968684-start-0.html and
https://superuser.com/questions/586245/pull-certificate-from-firefox-without-using-firefox

--
Vojtěch Zeisek