Re: [opensuse] Where does LVM Info live

On 01/20/2014 12:20 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/20/2014 11:45 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
lvm usually keeps backup info in /etc/lvm/backup and /etc/lvm/archive
(depending on the configuration)

If I could read that much of the disk I'd be well ahead!

Yeah, is why I always keep the root and boot as non-RAID, non-LVM :(

So do I.
/boot, / and swap were 'primary' partitions.

I really don't care about them. I have the distribution CDs and who cares about swap!

No, it was everything under /home that was in the LVM.

And it is the DRIVE that is the problem, not the LVM.
Right now I'm trying to read the drive - at all.

--
Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line.
He caught every other fish.