Re: [opensuse] FAILED: apache log full of wpad.dat
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-20-14 08:39]:
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-20-14 02:48]:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
[...]
this appears to stop wpad.dat entries into access_og which is not what
I have configured. Nowhere do I have access_log configured but it is
still being generated and awstats.log is full of wpad.dat entries :^(

Where would access_log be defined besides
/etc/apache2/conf.d/awstats.conf /and etc/sysconfig/apache2?

Quite often in /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf if you have virtual hosts.
Otherwise grep for it.

grep -rv ^# /etc/apache2/* /etc/sysconfig/* |grep /var/log/apache2/access_log

has no output

and both awstats.log and access_log are being generated.

access_log generation no longer, "solved" (unless I am again jumping to
conclusions). But I will continue to monitor for some time.

but I don't know how/why as the time stamps of file edits and server
restarts do not correspond to the time stamps in access_log ????

Still have the problem with "wpad.dat" entries in awstats.log when I do
not redirect in hosts, 0.0.0.0 wpad

tks,