Re: [opensuse] Installing 13.1 with NET iso, hangs at "Loading Installation System x/6, arbitrary percentage
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 14:40:21 +0100
Lars Müller wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 01:17:32PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
[ 8< ]
Okay, problem found - out-of-memory. 256M is apparently no longer
sufficient to run the installer :-(

You have time and some disk space to swap?

Then you might get it working. By default the install system is this
smart to notice that there is a partition with a valid swap signature
and even uses it.

Yeah, I thought so too, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing my swap
partition. I wonder if I can add it manually. Anyway, I'm doing the
install on a machine with 512M, then I'll copy it to the smaller box
later on. Once the system is running, it uses very little memory,
80-90M.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)