Re: [opensuse] xen @ 13.1
On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 08:51 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Hans Witvliet wrote:

Hi all,

Are there any known issues with 13.1 as a DOM0 ?
Specifically, regarding network ...

I have not yet tried 13.1 with xen, but with 12.3 there were(are?)
definite network issues. Specifically I had issues with icmp redirect
(now solved) and ipip networking (not solved, afaik). I would not be
surprised if there are more lurking issues with e.g. vlans and bridging
(just the kind of stuff that gets very little testing/attention).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)

Hi Per,

Been using XEN for ages, but my latest DOM0 were on 12.1 and 12.2 and
sles. While those machines are running without any problem, there's no
need to upgrade to the latest version (like i often do for the clients)

The message i got when trying to build it from yast was:
"Error Failed to start the vm, Details:
Error, device0 (VIF) could not be connected.
Hotplug scripts are not working"

Regarding the vif-thing, i wonder if that might have something to do
with the ###### new-names, the network devices got since 13.1. Having
said that, bridge br0 is up-and-working and eth en!@#$%^ device are
connected to them, and dom0 traffic goes through them.

I'll try 12.3 and the latest sles and if there is any regression, i'll
report it into bugzilla and stay at 12.3/sp3 for a while. (i am not fond
of fiddling with the dom0)

hw