Re: [opensuse] Is this normal? systemd-journal taking nearly 2 gigs of memory.
Carlos E. R. said the following on 01/16/2014 10:05 PM:

>In the limiting case, that you have over a Gig of free memory, then with
>your present process set you don't seem to need swap at all. The
>'swapoff' worked. You could have left it off. Were any error logged
>during the time it was off?
If I leave it off the computer is slower. Don't you see?

Explain please.

And I use hibernation, I need it.

Yes, I understand that.
So why are you complaining?
You and John make a good case for its inevitability.

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013